Friday, April 14, 2006

Naturalization

We're pleased to announce that the final stage of my Naturalization process(Justin - please note 'proper US spelling for naturaliZation), is just around the corner. We received 'orders' for me to appear Downtown Memphis on May 1st for my Oath Ceremony. On this day I will officially become a citizen of the United States of America. I will have the priviledge of being a Dual Citizen of Australia and the US.



We started our file in Tokyo, Japan back in 2002. Overall - our dealings with the Embassies, Consulates, INS and now the department of Homeland Security have been very pleasant and smooth. There were occassional setbacks and frustrations but God provided us with endurance, patience and funds to get this taken care of.

If you would like to witness a Naturalization Oath Ceremony (really...how often does a chance like this come up???)...let me know...I'd be honoured for you to be there. (And yes...Justin...I spelled honoUred 'Aussie style' - just for you - and in honour of my roots!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so exciting. I love exciting official things, congrats on all the hard work.

The Lj's said...

Yeah! Congratulations! I would love to go to your oath ceremony but Memphis is a bit far... I am glad I got to be with you during one step of this process...love you both!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Nicole! (and Jason). That is very exciting. :) Wow... I wish I had dual citizenship somewhere. Oh wait. I suppose Heaven can count right? :)