Last week our girl had her first ever dancing class; ballet to be precise. Thanks to some other mums, I found out about a lovely little school that offers actual ballet classes (as in not a mix of various forms of dance).
To be honest, I was expecting mass chaos. However I was pleasantly surprised at how well the class was run. It was so professional and yet very age appropriate. And, it is affordable at just $8.50 per class (for one hour) and is 'pay-as-you-go', so if we can't make it one week, we don't have to pay.
It is just recently that Ella has really been asking about dancing and when any music is played in the house I find her dashing off to find her purple dress and Mary Janes. Imagine her delight when I told her that I'd found a ballet class she could try. After a big smile and giggle however, she whispers 'but I don't have any pink shoes.' It took some time convincing her that there would most likely be other children with black shoes on. Her next dilemma was having a skirt that would 'stand out like this' (she tells me this while holding her hands out from her waist like a tutu). That little mind of hers!
I assured her that her outfit would be perfect and so we counted down sleeps. Finally it was ballet day!
 |
| Noah knew something was up and it wasn't involving him! |
I was nervous she would cave and not want to participate at all which has been a pattern in the past when it comes to new things. I just
knew she would love it if she gave it a try and so I was anxious for her not to give in to those nerves. And I could not have been prouder! We sat and watched the preschool class finish up, I let Ella hand in her registration form to Miss Zoe, and then just walked her over, sat her in the circle and walked away.
 |
| Introducing themselves to each other and their teacher |
And that was that. I watched her introduce herself, say how old she was and then about cried from the cuteness of little 4-5 year olds learning the art of ballet. So much sweetness. I was SO proud of Ella! She was
so serious but I could just tell her little heart was overflowing with joy and pride. She was getting to dance like a ballerina!
 |
| Cautious, Curious and Cute |
 |
| Carefully, Carefully! |
There was much hugging and praising her after the class. I wanted her to know what a big thing had just happened...that she had confidently stepped out of her comfort zone and done something new with all new people...the FIRST time. Again she smiled, but then casually said 'Mum, I only said I wanted to go home because I didn't want to act like an animal like they were in the other class. I wanted to wait for the REAL ballet class'. I guess she was less than impressed by the chaos of the preschool fun class! Fair enough!
 |
| So proud of herself! And a shout out to our little friend Hannah in Georgia who hands down loads of clothes to Ella. Hannah your ballet outfit saved the day! |
 |
| Noah welcomes home his little Ballerina |
2 comments:
SO cute! I love it!
I love the pictures! So cute! I love her comment about the tutu too!
Post a Comment