The other day Ella came into our bed for a snuggle. I just lay there looking at her and remembered this day . . .
Such a tension in missing these days, joy in remembering, feeling sad that she is growing so fast, but being very, very thankful that my girl is healthy and able to grow and I get to enjoy her for the amazing girl she is and is becoming.
But really, how is it possible that time goes SO fast?! I heard someone once say 'the days can be long but the years are short'. Fairly accurate I'd say. Of course there are many things to enjoy about these years, and I have and do, but yes, there have been some challenges, too.
And so I started looking through 100s and 100s (hmmm, possibly 1000s and 1000s) of pictures of my sweet girl. Especially drawn to the ones of her with all of those sweet baby rolls. And she had so many! Time is flying. I love her now. But I sure do miss those chubby baby days! So much to love!
Oh I remember this face and this day so clearly. Our first trip to Memphis around 6 weeks. Those cheeks just blossoming!
Sunday School class in Round Rock, Texas. Just chilling out in the bumbo chair with her little friends who, at the time, I thought were so big and grown (kids a whole 6 months to one year older than Ella)...Micah...Leilah...Summyr....oh, names are failing me.
Four Month check up in Austin. Doctor Casey was pretty impressed with those rolls. This was our last well-baby check in the US.
I love this pic! We were stuck in Denver, Colorado due to a cancelled flight. Without luggage. And as luck always has it, I had NO extra clothes in the diaper bag, which was usually stocked full. How does that always happen?
Aww...our own little Naturalisation Ceremony to celebrate Ella becoming an Australian Citizen :-) (around four months old)
I'm pretty sure this was upon arrival in Australia...zonked by the jetlag
First trip to Grandma-in-Brisbane's house
Had to include this comparison pic. No evidence of those sweet rolls :-( Ella has long loved this swing
Sleeping Beauty. Ella's bed for her first 7 months was the pack-n-play/portacot. (Noah did the same...no wonder that boy likes pink)
Melt!
What's not to love about a chubby bub after bathtime?
Beautiful even when messy!
An all time fave pic (although I have sooo many). Rugged up for an Aussie winter and fast asleep after a morning at the community garden
Almost a big sister!
About to leave for the hospital to have Noah. I think someone knew something big was about to happen!
And what a great big sister she is, even so young!
Two chubby bubs to love!




No comments:
Post a Comment