Monday, February 11, 2013

Beach time!

We spent some time at one of Wollongong's beautiful beaches this weekend.  It wasn't the best weather; actually quite chilly.  



The kids were less than impressed at first, but gradually warmed up. And in the meantime I got some good snuggles from Noah :-)



Aww, sweet little sandy toes peeking out
Noah spotted some airplanes, helping him forget about the chill factor

Time for some beach Bocce.  And we added a few extra to our group in the process
And then it was time for a little surfing, whether it be sand or surf.   






Some real surfing lessons from Travis.  Noah isn't too keen at this point in time

And finally, Travis and Kiala introduced the kids to sand burials.  I think we're just going to give them beach duty from now on.  Have to say the whole sand thing is a bit much for me!

Ella was quite delighted with her mermaid tail

After seeing Ella become a beautiful mermaid, Noah said 'I wanna be Dragon Smaug'.  And then 'Lightning McQueen'.  The problem was he never stayed still long enough to become anything other than a pile of sand.  He would just jump up and start flapping his arms and swooping on his sister like a dragon.
Finally kept them still long enough to create two amazing Alligators.  
I think breaking free is the best part!  When I said 'well, see you later Alligator, I think they thought I was for real'

No comments: