Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Stingray to Seahorse

Celebrating with Ella this week as she was promoted to the Seahorse level at swimming.  Two of her close friends have been seahorses for a while and she has longed to be one, too.  And recently all of the things they've been working on have all just come together.  Strong legs, long arms, taking breaths.  And Monday ended up being the day to 'ring the bell'! 

Ringing the bell.  Together.  They do everything together.  Except ballet :-)  Ella can be a little shy and so was eager to have Noah by her side.
I hope they always enjoy celebrating each other's victories

I love that they're so proud and happy for each other.  Of course Noah didn't realise that this meant the end of their swimming together.  At least for a while.  Now Ella has the joy of swimming with two of her BFFs, Zahli and Romina!

 I couldn't help but take a trip down memory lane to Ella's first ever swim class.  Look at this sweet girl.  Not quite two.  Still chubby.  And still in that precious 'cheeeeese' phase.  I lost a little hearing during those first few classes; oh she did not take kindly to this new venture!  But as my baby girl does, she comes around when she is good and ready.  So proud of her.  And can NOT believe how fast time goes.  Excuse me while I go have a little cry.





No comments: