Tonight we are spending our last night in Memphis as Memphians. Quite honestly it is a sad time for us. Memphis has been more than kind to us for the past five years and five months.
Sure we're not truly 'Memphians' by birth, but we have lived here for all but one year of our 6 years and five months of marriage. So it has largely been our life together. In fact on our recent trip to Jamaica, when people asked us 'where are you from?', for the first time, both Jason and I were able to respond, 'Memphis' without the usual stammering, stuttering or awkward side glances to each other. Strange how that happens right as we are preparing to leave.
As I have shed tears of sadness over leaving our home and life here, I also remember similar goodbyes I have said in Australia, Canada and Japan. And I am reminded how richly God blesses us wherever we go through relationships. And this is not going to be our last transition or time for painful goodbyes. I pray that in those times, I can remember that it only feels so bitter because we tasted what was so sweet.
I plan to reflect more on our time here. But I just wanted one last chance to blog from home before we crossed the Mississippi tomorrow.
6 comments:
I will pray for you guys as you make this transition. It is so hard to leave "home" but I know you guys will quickly make Austin your new home... God blesses us in each move and change of scenery. We are praying for you!
I wish we could've spent more time together. :( I'm glad we have blogs and facebook though! We're praying for you guys!
Will miss seeing you at Park. Can't wait to see you again in a few months and meet you new little one!
Welcome to Texas! God bless you on your trip, arrival, and settling in.
I miss Memphis a lot too, but you probably even more having spent many more years than we did. I am excited about the adventure set before you and pray your move to TX will be a blessing to you, especially as you anticipate your girl's arrival!
Hugs,
Miriam
new adventures await you...we're praying for you while you transition.
Post a Comment