Thursday, May 01, 2008

Showered with love

Pregnancy is full of surreal moments for me. Mostly in the fact that this is actually happening to US. It was surreal when staring at three positive pregnancy tests, and surreal during the weeks that I KNEW a life was growing within me, but there was no physical evidence (well . . . aside from gagging and sleeping!)

Surreal to create a baby registry, to buy baby clothes, to play with names, to see her ultrasound picture on our refrigerator every day. Surreal to be startled by my profile in a mirror! Surreal but wonderful.

Tonight my co-workers showered us with love, blessings and gifts for our baby girl. I am overwhelmed by their excitement and generosity. It was surreal being the guest of honour at a baby shower!








These girls deserve extra credit. They're sharing the office bathroom, and putting up with not one, but TWO pregnant gals in the office!

6 comments:

Bob, Sarah, and Miriam Logsdon said...

Nicole and Jason, what a beautiful couple. I am so happy for your growing love in a very real way through a baby.

I have a question for you about your Japanese mattresses, tatamis. Where is a good place to buy one? What should you look for? We are looking to buy a twin-sized one for our little girl Miriam. Thanks for any help that you can offer. Grace and peace.

Joshua and Julie Marcum said...

You look radiant! Take care of yourself during the move! You guys are in our prayers!
Julie

Drew Custer said...

That is so sweet. I know what you mean about it being a surreal experience. You look great!
Jamie

Campbell Family said...

And to think -- this was just the beginning of being "showered with love!" Can't wait 'til your HUGSR shower. Love, Laura

Bryan and Jamie and family said...

You are looking great - pretty in pink.

PNG Fords said...

Nicole,
You look great! I can already tell you and Jason love your baby so much. Just wait until you see her! I can't wait to hear what you say then. I'm so happy for you guys.
Love,
Jeri