Over the past 5 and a bit years, we have enjoyed meeting with friends in Memphis who share a passion for missions. We've enjoyed sitting a the feet of many seasoned missionaries. We have seen several come and go. We have friends we met at these nights who are now serving God in Bolivia, Italy, PNG, Cambodia, within the United States, and other places I am sure to be forgetting. Others are in different stages of preparing for missions -- team formation, fundraising, vision casting. Soon we will have friends in even more corners of the world - Rwanda, Angola, Togo, Peru . . . perhaps New Zealand and Asia.
For the last MIG of this school year, Ileene and Evertt Huffard prepared an awesome Arabic feast. And feast we did! We enjoyed a great time of sharing, prayer and fellowship after the meal.

We will miss our times with people like this. I believe that God has used these times to shape us and lead us on our journey towards Wollongong, Australia. And I am confident that He will continue to allow these people to encourage us even when we are scattered throughout the world. God is good!
2 comments:
Oh.. I miss those Missions Interest Group gatherings. I'm sure it was a delightful time. Brings back good memories!
I saw that Jason commented on my blog....hi Jason and Nicole! I check our your blog, Nicole, and congrats on the pregnancy! You look great! I'm glad the two (three!) of you are doing well.
Katie B.
Post a Comment