Monday, May 22, 2006

29 Years

Yesterday I celebrated my 29th birthday. I love birthdays and hope I will continue to love them even as the number increases. It was a busy day. Jason preached out at Kirby Pines Retirement home early in the morning, and then we enjoyed worship time at Park Avenue. We spent the afternoon at a work picnic in Arlington. Our manager has just moved into a 100 year old home out there and we all wanted to check it out as well as be able to spend time together out of the office. It was a great time. The house is gorgeous. Jason played horseshoes with Reese, while I sat on a swing on the porch sipping sweet tea. This 'southern lifelstyle' could really grow on me! We wrapped up the evening with a 3 person birthday celebrating with friends from Park Avenue.

I am thankful for my life. For my family, friends, experiences, health, and the blessings of my job. I am thankful that God loves me. I pray that the rest of the years of my life will be a testimony to His love and grace and mercy.



2 comments:

Shawn Griffith said...

Soooooo....

Happy birthday. You are a dear friend and we are so thankful that God has blessed us with your frinedship. Happy 29th.

Campbell Family said...

Happy 29th birthday, Nicole. A very good age to be, if I do say so myself. -- Laura