Friday, May 05, 2006

Greetings from Malibu, California

We're greatly enjoying the Pepperdine Lectures. What more could you ask for - we're on a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, enjoying classes and speakers, singing and fellowshipping. We've reconnected with folks from Japan, Australia and from thoughout the US. We've also been acquainted with new friends from all over this country and the world. I can't help but dream a little of just how wonderful heaven will be.

The lectures will be over tonight and we will head to Marina del Ray to stay with Glen, Charla and Sienna Brown. These are friends I've known from Wynnum congregation, Griffith University and Ochanomizu congegation in Tokyo. I wonder if they've caught on that I'm following them yet?

Here's some pictures of people and places.....


What a view!



Jason and Tadayoshi Aikawa from Tokyo, Japan



Yukikazu's father Shiro Obata was honoured at this years lectures for his years of Christian service in Ochanomizu and Haruna, Japan



Here we are with Yukikazu Obata - preacher at Mito congregation, Ibaraki, Japan

1 comment:

The Lj's said...

What a beautiful view! I am glad you all had the oppurtunity to reconnect with friends!