Celebrations began on Sunday at the Blands who had plannned a surprise party for me. It was so awesome to be honoured like that. They went all out with red, white and blue decorations from the mailbox and all throughout their home and everyone even wore red, white and blue colours! 'Bland Sundays' have become such a highlight of our time in Memphis. Thanks, friends!




Back to the actual day...it was a really neat ceremony, complete with the Navy band to provide music which stirred the heart! The guest speaker, who was also being naturalized was from Brisbane, Australia, so that was an unexpected treat.
It is certainly a blessing and an honour to be an American Citizen. Of course, it does mean that I can no longer use the line, 'Sir, I'm not an American' on corporate clients who are irritated that I don't know how to spell Roanoke, or know which state it is in... I'll have to come up with some other excuse now.
My naturalization certificate had a little glitch though - it did not get signed by the director of Homeland Security. So I had to make two extra trips to their office to get that taken care of...that is always a treat! It is all taken care of though. Most of our pictures turned out a little dark - here's one though of me at the ceremony.
Oh say can you see....the new American among us....
4 comments:
Nicole,
This is so wonderful... I am so happy for you! You made me a little teary eyed with your post! I miss you guys! Hugs!
Congratulations, my fellow American. That is great! Thank you for filling us in on your journey to becoming a U.S. citizen.
Congratulations, Nicole! How exciting. Thanks for sharing all the details of the day. Wish we could have been there. I have enjoyed reading about all your recent activities, and was especially surprised to hear that the Grizzles are considering joining your team! That is great news, they would make wonderful teammates. It is so wonderful to see how things keep developing for you guys in the way of team, location, vision, etc. Gives me hope that the same will happen for us in time. We are still talking, dreaming, praying, about Africa and so many other things. It is frustrating sometimes -- I wish we could sit down over big cups of McAlister's sweet tea and just have one of our long talks. Miss you guys so much. Love, Laura
How exciting!
That is wonderful. I love all the pictures:)
Celeste
Post a Comment