For those of you who have been to the Pepperdine campus, you know the beauty I talk about. It is literally carved into a cliff. To quote one man, 'you have to be a mountain goat to get around'. He is right. Don't forget anything from your dorm, or leave something down in the main auditorium!
Our dorm room had a sweeping view of the Pacific ocean, and the campus is covered with trees, plants and flowers which are common in Australia. It was so wonderful to walk outside and breathe the sea air and smell familiar smells, like eucalyptus. For many reasons, I feel closer to home (Australian home) in LA...after all it is just 14 hours over that ocean.

One time we flew into LA and from our plane (while still flying) we could see a Qantas jet about to land. It is always a little strange to see the red-kangaroo-tailed planes there knowing they have just delivered hundreds of Aussies to the US that morning, or will be taking many home in the evening. I certainly don't feel homesick these days, and I am so happy to call America home at this time, but there's just something about those familiar sights, sounds and smells from down under.
Speaking of that part of the world - we gathered with several on Thursday evening at an 'Asia Pacific Missions Interest' meeting. It was exciting to visit, share and pray with others who feel a burden to the continued spread of the Good News in this part of the world.

And it would be a shame not to mention the culinary delights of a place like Malibu. We enjoyed some fantastic seafood. King crab legs (I have not had crab like this in so long...mmmm), shrimp, great fish.... For those of you who might think I am a petite and controlled eater, you would be shocked to see how I can pack away the seafood. It shocked my husband the first time he saw me effortlessly eat an entire crab in Hokkaido, Japan. But he sure can pack it away, too:

Ok...let's be fair...we split this 6 ways. But this was a SINGLE serving of chocolate cake! Unbelievable!
No comments:
Post a Comment