Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Making a comeback?

So the blog has fallen by the wayside. I'm not sure I want to keep at it, but since it's virtually my kid's (virtual) baby book, I'll see if I can get back into it. So, let's attempt a catch-up. Ella is 4 and Noah will soon be 3. This is sounding a bit like my last blog post...reporting on ages :-)
These two are something else. They spend their days playing together -- mostly marrying each other. Ella dresses as a Princess and Noah usually as Spiderman. At Ella's request he (usually) dons his cape, making him a King and fit to be her groom. (It isn't acceptable for Ella to marry someone without a cape and usually brings great distress on the whole family if Noah doesn't comply) Ella has proudly mastered toilet training! We are proud of her (and just plain thankful!) Noah is doing pretty well, too. We recently decorated a potty with truck stickers and I guess this pleased him well! And the boy loves his chocolate -- so since we've cut out most all sugar loaded snacks at home, he's all the more keen to sit himself down and earn a chocolate chip. Isn't that something, eleven months without blogging and the first things I peck out on my blog are about my kid's marrying and using the potty. But these are our days. The kids are enjoying spending one day a week at a preschool. It's so great to see them so settled and learning. They're also swimming once a week, and as a friend suggested, we might ought to look for gills on our kids -- in particular Noah. Ella, too, has such confidence in the water and is doing great at learning to swim. On Sunday evenings, we still open our home to anyone who wants to come. If you come, consider yourself warned that our kids will be all over you and begging you to do this or that with them. They're so welcoming and loving...it is no wonder that Jesus tells us to be like little ones! While the adults have a Bible study, conversation, sharing time, I usually take the kids out and do a Bible class for them. I've done some kind of class with them since Ella was about 8 months old. I imagine it just gets better and better but I sure love this time with them. I love Ella's insight and both of their excitement and joy about it. I love what they can remember and the connections they make. And I LOVE to hear them chat about these things on their own. Recently we talked about having faith as small as a mustard seed. That was about three weeks ago. Just today while munching on some strawberries, I heard Ella say 'Noah do you see the seeds...this seed is small but will grow into something so big!'
(proudly displaying their craft from the week we talked about the 10 lepers and about saying 'thank you') Of course I have loads of hopes and dreams for my kids, but nothing greater or more important to me than that they know how treasured they are by God, and that they will know and love Him and have JOY in following Him. Well, not quite a full update, but we'll see how this blogging things goes from here!

No comments: