Perhaps the break was good though. Because now Ella SMILES for pictures (versus the deer-in-the-headlights look). Absolutely adorable! She does a very cute scrunchy-nose smile (which I am afraid she learned from me...I think I do this face to her often). With her two bottom teeth and chubby cheeks -- I just want to eat her up.
But not only this - in time for the new camera, Ella crawled last night for the first time. Real crawling. She was going backwards - usually against her will. However last night was dedicated, intentional crawling. Forward at that! We are so proud of her. In fact this morning, I couldn't wait to get up and let her at it again. I guess I would have happily waited until, say, 9am. But you get the point.
Climbing around on her dad
The pictures don't capture it as well but here's the crawl
We've been teaching Ella to wave hi and bye -- and she is catching on. Last night I also saw her shaking her head from side to side. And no, its not defiance. And no, I'm not in denial. Its just something she's figured out how to do. For now at least. Another new thing is her attention to her baby doll. She pats it and kisses it and pokes her eyes. I think its good practice for her sibling on the way. Not the poking the eyes out part. We'll work on that one between now and November.
When Ella was a newborn, I would often find myself grieving how quickly she was growing. Many people would say 'it gets so much better than this'. And honestly I never believed them. I wondered what could possibly be better than this...an innocent, new life that slept and snuggled so sweetly in my arms. But I'm beginning to get it. Her new developments are great. Priceless. Heartwarming. Fascinating. Thank you, God.
Another reason to give thanks . . . here are some pictures of the Griffiths arrival. We're so glad they are here with us.
On the way home from Sydney to Wollongong, we stopped at the Bulli look out
And enjoyed time at the Wollongong harbor on a beautiful fall day
They brought with them some gifts. Thanks Anne and Amos for this cute "Ella" sippy cup....she LOVES it.
I'm thankful to God for our sweet baby girl. Thankful for the Griffiths safe arrival in Wollongong. And thankful, too, for the means to purchase a new camera so that we can have some memories of these days with her.
2 comments:
Yes children are such a huge blessing from God. What did we do before children?
Ya, good luck with the whole keeping her from poking the new baby's eyes out thing. It is a daily battle over here. "No, don't poke your brother in the eye." "Don't pull on your brother's ears." "It's nice to share, but please don't put jelly beans in your brother's mouth." "Don't hit your brother on the head with your sippy cup." Etc. etc. ad nauseum.
Post a Comment