Even though Mother's Day has just passed, I couldn't leave out this part of Ella's development. Ella has enjoyed a special bond with her Dad since the day she was born. Jason had some great daddy-daughter time immediately after her birth. He rocked her, held her and sang to her. More recently though, Ella has developed an amazing affinity for her Dad. No jealousy -- I love it. There are times she'll about climb out of my arms to get to her her Dad. Her eyes light up when he comes home and she gets her legs and arms going until he picks her up. Last night we went and watched Jason rock climb. She cried her "my-heart-is-broken" cry when he put her down to begin climbing but you should have seen her smile and try to get to him when I pointed Jason out to her. Its such a special thing to watch and I am so thankful that Ella has Jason as her Dad. Its one of the greatest gifts I could receive as a mother.
Friday, May 15, 2009
My name is Ella, and I love my Dad
Hi. I'm Ella and this is my Dad . . .


Even though Mother's Day has just passed, I couldn't leave out this part of Ella's development. Ella has enjoyed a special bond with her Dad since the day she was born. Jason had some great daddy-daughter time immediately after her birth. He rocked her, held her and sang to her. More recently though, Ella has developed an amazing affinity for her Dad. No jealousy -- I love it. There are times she'll about climb out of my arms to get to her her Dad. Her eyes light up when he comes home and she gets her legs and arms going until he picks her up. Last night we went and watched Jason rock climb. She cried her "my-heart-is-broken" cry when he put her down to begin climbing but you should have seen her smile and try to get to him when I pointed Jason out to her. Its such a special thing to watch and I am so thankful that Ella has Jason as her Dad. Its one of the greatest gifts I could receive as a mother.



Even though Mother's Day has just passed, I couldn't leave out this part of Ella's development. Ella has enjoyed a special bond with her Dad since the day she was born. Jason had some great daddy-daughter time immediately after her birth. He rocked her, held her and sang to her. More recently though, Ella has developed an amazing affinity for her Dad. No jealousy -- I love it. There are times she'll about climb out of my arms to get to her her Dad. Her eyes light up when he comes home and she gets her legs and arms going until he picks her up. Last night we went and watched Jason rock climb. She cried her "my-heart-is-broken" cry when he put her down to begin climbing but you should have seen her smile and try to get to him when I pointed Jason out to her. Its such a special thing to watch and I am so thankful that Ella has Jason as her Dad. Its one of the greatest gifts I could receive as a mother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YOU are such a sweet Mama! and a sawsome Wife!
So sweet! It is the same around here. THe boys just adore spending time with their daddy who does a whole lot more exciting things with them than their mummy... like take them horse riding, travel together in the ute and get large round bales of hay, use the drill and other electric tools.... etc.
I love it and so do they!
There is something so amazing about a daddy and his little girl. I think I know exactly what you're talking about from watching Shawn with Carly. They have such a special bond. And I'd say Isaac and I have an equally special bond. Maybe your #2 will be a boy and you'll experience the "momma's boy" phenomenon.
Post a Comment