Sunday, November 16, 2008

Road tripping with Ella Rhys

We have been on the road a lot lately. We are still fundraising, and are also saying goodbye to people. In October, we spent 18 days in Oklahoma. We were back in Austin for four nights, and then off again to Tennessee and Georgia.

Ella Rhys is an incredible traveler. She is still young enough to be sleeping a lot. I do feel bad for her though. So we stop often and let her stretch. On our most recent trip, we had some 8-10 hour days and she did great. We are so thankful.

The nice thing about road trips for me, is that I can pack liberally. As in, everything but the kitchen sink. I don't have to worry about 3 ounce bottles of liquid, or 1 quart zip lock bags. Of course, Jason might say otherwise since he is the one that gets to play tetris everytime we have to pack the car.




This is how we check on Ella. We do have a car mirror but have not attached it yet. This works for now. What a cute little girl. When we get tired and weary on these trips - Ella can instantly revive and rejuvenate us with her sweetness.

1 comment:

Kyle Smith said...

Isn't it amazing how you go from one or two bags for the two of you to about ten bags/items in total?

Your baby looks great, you guys seem to be doing well. We're praying for you during the waiting process, I know it must get tiring.