Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ella Rhys on Halloween

We spent Ella's first Halloween at the Fall Festival at the Round Rock church of Christ. I was in charge of the fishing pond booth. Ella just chilled out by my side or slept. The 31st was our first day home after our long road trip to Oklahoma. I didn't get out to look for a costume for her until around 2pm on the 31st. I know, I know...but I will pull the 'I'm-Australian-and-we-don't-do-Halloween' card and the 'first-time-mom' card on this one.

In spite of myself, I was able to find a cute onesie complete with English spelling to create a double meaning, and an adorable jack-o-lantern bib. We called this a costume - opting out of the other very hot looking costumes since it is still around 80 - 85 degrees in Austin. Ella should just be thankful that she didn't end up in a costume made for pets. I had one all picked out and was headed to check out when I saw the sign 'pet costume'. Bless my heart.


2 comments:

Campbell Family said...

She looks cute and comfy in her Halloween get-up. I think we have the exact same Halloween bib, too! I never really understood dressing a baby up in a costume for Halloween. To me, it has always seemed like overkill, especially since they are not old enough to trick-or-treat... however, once we were parents, we fell victim to American marketing and got Alex a Superman costume for his first Halloween!

C. Laliberte said...

Hi Nicole-

contact me via email and I'll pass along Laurel's info. I'm cherish.laliberte@gmail.com.

Cherish