

You'll have to forgive me for MORE pictures of Ella. Life does not consist of much else these days. She is doing great. Three weeks old yesterday. Her cute little cheeks getting chubbier by the day. Her preemie clothes won't be needed for much longer, and people tell me before I know it she'll be graduating! Let's not go there just yet! She is gracing us with anywhere from 2-4 hours of sleep at a time at night. We'll take what we can get.
We've enjoyed a visit from Ella's Memphis Aunt Kari, as well as her Grammy, Papaw and Aunt Melissa from Abilene. Ella's Grandma, Aunts and cousins in Australia are counting the days until they can get their hands on her. Round Rock threw a wonderful shower for us on Sunday. We are blessed in many ways.


Ella likes to drop her paci out when she is done - usually right before she drops off to sleep (as in this picture)...but she usually does really well about keeping it just within reach in case she needs it again. She's pretty smart. I've seen her snag it again when she felt like she wanted it. Pretty funny!

And little by little, I am feeling like we're gonna make it! I am willing to bet that any first time mother knows the feelings I am talking about. In that first week or so at home, I had myself convinced, with all sincerity, that I would never leave the house again. I couldn't imagine us ever making it out the door in one piece (with all we needed!), getting anywhere on time, let alone enjoying the outing. But as the sanity returns, the fatigue wears off, and now that I have made it into the shower before 3pm more than once now...I am thinking that there will be life outside of apartment #2426 for our family.
13 comments:
Yes, we can handle more pictures! :) Ella is filling out beautifully--no surprise there. Congrats on surviving the first few weeks!
She is so cute!!!
She is a beauty... We will have to make a photo when you return for the Park Member photo board. All we have a old photos and Now with Natalee's help we are updating the photos... Can't wait to hold that sweet little girl....
Love, Auntie Em
(emily stinson)
She is a beautifull baby... can not wait to hold her...
When you come "home" to Park. I need to get a photo of the family... we are updating the Park family photo board...
Love, Auntie Em
I do indeed remember that feeling! I have to say that it took me a good four months after having each child (I have three)to get places consistently on time--I rejoiced when we made it to worship a little early one day with our first baby! :-) She's beautiful-congratulations on receiving this wonderful gift.
I can't wait to see you guys next weekend and see little Ella up close!
Oh, yes, I do remember the feeling! It's almost like living under a fog (or several leagues of water). But the fog will lift and things will gradually get easier, and before you know it, you'll be doing everything you used to do, with the exception that now you'll be toting along a little one! Love you -- Laura
I check daily for more pictures! HA! I love to see Ella and of course the girls are always asking to see her pictures. Call us when you are ready to go out. Randy is excited about meeting Ella.
He has already heard so much about her.
Precious!!!!!! It does get easier! Believe me....we are there!!
Yes, keep the pictures coming. She is a beauty. And sounds like you are handling mummyhood well. Just remember that it always gets better. (Even if it's gonna get a little worse first.) I always tell myself that when they are really little. I think I've said it A LOT with Isaac.
Rachel
Pictures?!? Bring 'em on!! Ella is just sooooo precious!
And, yeah that is sooooo what it feels like for the first several weeks. With DJ it was like that for a few months, I think. He was CONSTANTLY nursing! And I am not exagerating... (ok, I forgot how to spell...)
With Jessica, it was like that for a bit, but things are more back to normal now. I still haven't gotten the nerve to take both of the kids by myself anywhere yet, though. But at least I can leave sometimes for a bit with or without a kid in tow. ^-^
Laura H...
I completely understand everything you have said! Casey now works for Harding 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., but he gets to come home for lunch. That means I get a shower around noon! :) Abby's cheeks are starting to fill out, too. They're so cute when they're chubby!
I know the feeling too and I am bracing myself for feeling it again soon:) It is so wonderful and so overwhelming all at the same time. I found that after about 3 months I started to have my sanity back again. I don't think Hannah and I left the recliner in my living room for like two weeks after she was born.
She is beautiful and I am so glad she is sweet natured, but what else could she be!! Love you, Cheryl
Post a Comment