Sunday, April 13, 2008

Beautiful Saturday

I wish I had a picture of the beautiful spring day we woke up to today. I went for a walk this morning. It was cool, but sunny and not a cloud in the sky. Beautiful.

Today we also began our child birth classes. We chose to enroll in a Bradley Method class here in Memphis. Our instructor has had both a hospital and a home birth. I first talked with her when I was only 5 weeks along in our pregnancy. She has been a great resource for us already, and what I appreciate most about her is the way she presents information. She does so with conviction, yet with understanding that we will make the decision that we feel is best for us. She encouraged us to go ahead and enroll in this class even though we might not get to have the birth experience we are hoping for. She has stressed the importance to be as mentally, physically and emotionally prepared for both a natural birth AND a surgical birth. She helped bring me out of the pit I felt I was in when we learned that a c-section was a possibility by reminding me that 1) it could change, and 2) if it didn't there are things I can do to have the best possible surgical birth and recovery. And she has graciously allowed us half tuition as we will be here for only 6 of the 12 weeks, and has even contacted Bradley Method instructors in Austin who would be willing to take us on for the last 6 classes. We are not die-hard-must-do-it-one-way-birthing-kind-of-people but we are excited to learn what we can.

And happily, tomorrow, we get to fly out for Negril, Jamaica. We are headed back to Sandals Negril for one last travel agent hurrah! We get to stay for $25 per night - all inclusive. That, along with a frequent flyer ticket, and an amazingly cheap ticket for Jason can't be beat. I think the maternity beach clothes might be more expensive than the trip itself. I spent the last three weeks or so trying on my summer clothes each week, thinking (in vain) that they would 'work'. Well...lets just say they didn't 'work'! :) We are SO looking forward to getting away. By no one's fault other than our own, we have been so outrageously busy. The R&R is much needed, and what better place to get it.

3 comments:

PNG Fords said...

Nicole,
It's always so exciting to read of your travel adventures since we love traveling so much too! Have a great time. Speaking of travel, we're headed to Brisbane in a couple of weeks for a family holiday. We'll say hello to your homeland! :)
I'm sure your birthing experience will go fine. I think the most important thing to is to stay relaxed and calm (seriously!) and remember that God is in control of the situation. I'll be excited to meet your precious daughter some day.
Love,
Jeri

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Jamaica! Relax on the beach and enjoy the food!!

Campbell Family said...

I hope you guys enjoyed your time in Jamaica!