Monday, April 07, 2008

Over the halfway bump . . . pun intended

At just over 22 weeks, it is pretty clear now, even to strangers, that there is a child within. I continue to feel good. Many of you have expressed your concern regarding the news we shared a few posts prior about the placenta previa condition. Your concern and prayers mean a lot. Thank you for praying. We ask that you continue to do so. It is essentially just a waiting game at this point. An ultrasound in about 5 weeks will give us a better understanding of how things might play out. So while we don't have any updates - we are glad to share that so far things are going well, I feel good, and there are no complications.

This situation, along with just the fact that a life is growing within me for which Jason and I will be solely responsible calls me to greater faith. Greater than I have, and greater than I anticipated needing. Welcome to parenthood, huh?

I love to feel her move. At night she is particularly active and wild, which is fun . . . to a point. :) In the mornings, she wakes up slowly as if to say 'I shouldn't have stayed up so late'. I tend to agree.

For the sake of my sanity, I have pretty much filed away my pregnancy books. I used to pour over them but it just wasn't working out to be good for my mind! I do read the 'what's happening with baby' each week but that is about as far as I go. I have not read much though about the kind of father-to-be dilemma/rivalry that seems to be going on as portrayed in the images below.



5 comments:

Campbell Family said...

It is great to read your updates! You look positively radiant!

Drew Custer said...

You both look wonderful:) I know what you mean about those pregnancy books. I was the exact same way. I didn't figure out that I had to get rid of them until it was too late. They drove me crazy too.
Jamie

Anonymous said...

You looks wonderful, Nicole!! oh, so as Daddy, too!

Derrick Rogers said...

You look great Nicole as for Jason.....he could use to loose a few. Its a wonder you can live with such a man. I am sure at the end of this life, you will be rewarded for your perserverence.
:)

Anonymous said...

You're fat...I'm fatter!