Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Half way around the world and back again

I do believe that three months is the longest length of time I've neglected this blog. There isn't really a way for me to really catch up on all that has happened since March. How about a few highlights and a bunch of pictures? (if you're not pictured, forgive me as we have 100s of pictures from our travels)



We spent ten weeks in the US recently. As a part of our work, we get to return to the States every two years to spend time with our supporters (and family, too). Let's call it a "home assignment". During that ten weeks, we visited 7 states, stayed in 15 different homes, and Jason presented formally to some 9 different congregations/groups (and informally to others).

We were loved on. Encouraged. Well-fed. Spiritually nurtured. Blessed.

We loved our family time.











We loved being at home with our church family in Round Rock.









We loved having time with old friends and getting to know new friends, too.















I loved standing by a best friend as she said "I do".





I loved watching my kids enjoy new experiences











I loved Tex-Mex (I'll be back, Morelia's), Target and the Outlet Malls to name a few of the material highlights!

Our travels couldn't have gone smoother. Our kids were A.M.A.Z.I.N.G considering the constant stream of new faces, lack of routine, different foods, different rules, hours in cars and planes, and so on . We did have to hunt for Play School on youtube a time or two and eat a little Vegemite, but who doesn't enjoy home comforts?

I didn't like saying goodbye, but I'm thankful for friends who hang out with us while we pack and send us off with lots of love and good memories (and promises to visit us!)





And just like that, we're "home" again. My heart feels freshly broken in two again (or is it 3 and 4?) Each "home" has things to love and challenges to deal with. And though I often feel that I best belong somewhere over the Pacific, I'll remember how God has grounded my heart and feet and taken care of me in Canada . . . and Japan . . . and the US . . . and fully expect it will happen here, too.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Nicole, Ella is looking so much older, such a sweet looking little girl. Sounds like you did really well travelling with the little ones. Sad that you miss so many friends and family but I know that you have a good knowledge about growing where-ever you are planted.

Campbell Family said...

Enjoyed all the pictures. So glad you had a safe trip and that the kids did so great! And I know you're glad to be back in your own space and in a routine again. Love you! -- Laura

Supernany RJ said...

Hello Jason, my name is Charbelle Jabbour and I'm from Brazil. Last week I was talked with Jamie Sweeney, who lives in Tulsa (EUA), but she was here in the church, about my last trip to Australia, she asked me when I'll move to Australia and where I'll live, because we loved it? She knows that I have three brothers and one sister who live there, thats why she asked me about it. We both were surprised because one of my brothers lives in Wollogong too, and he is a minister there. I was talking with my brother about it and he asked me to get your phone number or adress to contact you. He was surprised too and happy. It was my first time in Australia and I loved it very much. My husband and I want to move there one day, if we can.
So, if you can, give me your number. My brother's number is: 61403377717 and his name is Taylor Jabbour. If you call him, say my name and he'll know who you are.
Bye.

Anonymous said...

When will you post again ? Been looking forward to this !