Friday, July 30, 2010

9 months IN, 9 months OUT, 9 months ON



Noah is now 9 months old. My friend Rachel inspired me with her 9 months in, 9 months out blogpost about her son. Ironically, Rachel just happens to be 9 months pregnant; awaiting the arrival of their third child any day now. So, as I did for Ella, I'll do for Noah. But FYI, the cycle is NOT on repeat! :)

9 months IN: I love being pregnant and carrying Noah was no exception. Surprised, yes, but not even that much shock could take away from the miracle of life within me. I loved reassurance of hearing the heartbeat and feeling the baby move. I loved the day I learned we would be parents of a son. I loved belly hugs from Ella! I missed Dr. Seeker but was thankful for socialized health care!

A few weeks before Noah's arrival


The day before Noah was born


9 months OUT: I was thankful for a natural birth in spite of the odds. (previous c-section, induction at 37 wks 5 days, cholestesis...) It seems Noah didn't stay "baby" for very long at all. He was on all fours right at 5 months, army crawling at 5.5, crawling at 7 and pulling up around 8 months. Now at 9 months he's walking around the coffee table and along the sofa. He adores his sister and loves his Mama. He self soothes by sucking on two fingers and has probably eaten more playdoh and paper in the past month than real food. He is a dream to put to bed at night but has a thing for waking at 3am. We're working on that.

Welcoming Noah Kai




Noah at 9 months


9 months ON: I loved carrying Noah on the inside AND the outside. I'm so thankful for the Sleepy Baby Wrap that spared my sanity while dealing with colic in the early weeks. It was one of the only places he was happy. At 9 months, Noah still loves to be wrapped and carried. And, I have to say, I quite enjoy it myself. I love the closeness, snuggles and the bond. And I love the "extra" pair of hands it gives me. They come in handy.

The early days of baby wearing






"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well" - Psalm 139:13-14

5 comments:

Donna said...

What a beautiful picture of your relationship with Noah. Priceless.

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing mom, Nicole! love crystal

Laurie said...

you have a beautiful family Nicole!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Nicole, You probably already know from the Mullins that we are coming to Wollongong next week. We're looking forward to seeing you and Jason and meeting your precious family. Are there any goodies that you can't get in Australia that we could bring you? Because Corey is probably not going to share his Velvetta and Rotel!! Emily can give you my email or you can post a comment and I'll check back - I don't have yours so I thought I'd try to communicate this way. Can't wait to see you. Nancy Snelson

Rachel said...

Nicole, I'm just now getting around to actually reading the words in your post. So beautiful and touching. Love how you've marked this milestone. A beautiful boy you have indeed.