Tuesday, May 04, 2010

First food

I'd have to say that our Noah's first solid food experience was almost a little disappointing. We broke out the rice cereal at 6 months and one week (remember, you're reading my kid's virtual baby book . . . hence the details) We had the camera ready to capture that "what-on-earth-is-this-stuff?" look and the messy face that typically follows a baby's first bites. We got neither. Noah took his first solids as though he'd been eating from a spoon his whole life. No look of surprise. He just sat patiently with mouth open for the next bite, his shirt busting at the seams and took every last bite. He's our little rugby player in training . . .

"I've been waiting for this . . . "


We'll work on the table manners . . .

Content . . .


Relaxed and ready for round two:



Can this boy be any more relaxed?


And for memory's sake, here's Ella at the same age having her first solid food. How I miss those baby cheeks!


I love the unique aspects of my kid's personalities. Even just the little window that I see for now. I love Ella's cautiousness, her love for the outdoors and her tender heart which manifests in out of the blue hugs and kisses. I occassionally appreciate her strong will. In Noah, I think I see an spirit of adventure . . . a go-getter who warms quickly to new things. (I hope he'll warm quickly to a later waking time . . . tomorrow would be good)

2 comments:

Joshua and Julie Marcum said...

You do such a good job with details and pictures of the kids. I find myself laughing several times reading your blogs :) It's a joy keeping up with you and your kids.

Rachel said...

How funny that he was so at ease with solid food! It sounds like in general he's a content and relaxed baby--and for that I'm happy for you! Hope it continues as he grows.