Brian initiated a great Easter activity for the kids. Here's Ella working on her egg so carefully . . .
It was a fun way to express something about Easter through art. The finished products . . .
We also enjoyed a visit from a high school friend, Tatum, and her two kids Emma and Cooper.
Our post-Easter week has been kind of rough. A bad migraine for me, some mild viral bug for Noah (that manifested in a low grade fever and lots of loud, middle-of-the-night crying). He seems to be well now but isn't sleeping well at night AT ALL. Since he was sleeping anywhere from 10-13 hours a night, I am frustrated and exhausted beyond measure with this bout of sleeplessness. He is waking every two hours and takes a long time to settle. Best I can tell he is not sick and is not hungry. Might be doing some early sleep training with this little guy. Thankfully Ella sleeps soundly through Noah's angry crying. I'm hesitant to brag though.
On the up side, I'm loving spending time each week with some other mothers who have kids right around Ella's age. And today I enjoyed a beautiful fall day downtown at the markets.
AND . . . there's an abundance of chocolate in the house. Yes . . . we're mean parents who eat our kid's Easter chocolate. Their time will come.
Not to forget two big events prior to Easter. In March we welcomed baby Enoch Elian into the world (born March 15th). Congratulations to Corey and Emily. He is just precious and Ella loves baby "Nich".
And we also welcomed Enoch's dad into his 30s. The best thing about this event was that we got to eat Chocolate Weetbix slice and we no longer have to listen to him brag about being the "only-one-in-his-20s-still".
1 comment:
Looks like had a great weekend. So nice to have family to share it with.
Post a Comment