A word of advice: If you are pregnant and go to a hospital to visit someone in the labor and delivery ward, you might want to make it very clear that you are NOT there to deliver your baby!
Completely forgetting the belly, I walked up to the admissions desk and asked 'Where is the labor and delivery ward?' I thought the volunteer looked at me a little strangely. Perhaps she was thinking 'what an awfully calm laboring young woman . . . '
She finally asked me 'are you here to have your baby?' It didn't register at first but then I started laughing. This lady made a perfectly reasonable assumption . . . but it totally caught me off guard. I'm just glad she was calm about it and didn't holler for a wheelchair or anything else.
Good times.
The reason for our visit: our new friends Robin and Daniel Reed welcomed their first child, Adam, last night. I got to hold him for about 20 minutes - so sweet. Hopefully he won't remember being kicked by baby girl Whaley while I held him.
No comments:
Post a Comment