Thursday, June 21, 2007

Crusin the Bahamas

I just returned from a 'work trip'. A seminar at sea onboard Disney Cruise Line's the 'Disney Wonder'. We sailed to Nassau, Bahamas and Disney's private Bahamian island, 'Castaway Cay'. Since this was a 'work' trip, companions were not allowed. I missed Jason greatly, but it was a good time for Rebecca and I. This is our third trip to Disneyworld together, and our first time to cruise together. We travel well together, enjoy each others company, have a good track record of being upgraded to first class, and needless to say, we had a blast!!!

My faithful Disney travel partner!


Our cabin

Sail Away Party

Ready for work - I wish it looked like this EVERY day! :)

Meeting the Princesses - ths was part of the 'seminar'!

The weather was not the greatest but it was a small price to pay! Disney delivers an awesome cruise product. I think I would take kids on a cruise long before I trapsed them around the Disney parks. Theres definitely a time and place for that, though.
In Nassau we had a day pass to Sandals Royal Bahamian. We enjoyed their private island and a little sun. In Castaway Cay we did much of the same . . . laying on the beach again.

Sandals Royal Bahamian


Ready to enjoy Castaway Cay
It was good to come home, though. For now . . . it is ('real' - as in 'office') work until August. We are looking forward to our trip to Gatlinburg with Jason's family. In the fall we might go tropical together. It depends on our jobs and availability. My travel agent days are numbered - even with airfare, we can't seem to go anywhere state-side as cheap. These will be good times and good memories, especially once we hit our missionary days down under! Those will be good times, too, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does look like a wonderful trip. Wish our kids were closer by. Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Wow Nic that looks so beautiful!! You are so lucky to get to see such gorgeous places. Mackenzie will be so jealous when I tell her you met the princesses!!! Love You. Angela