In a week and a half, not a single person has knocked on our door, nor peeped their head around the door while it was open to get some fresh air. Welcome to the real world, you say. Our belongings do seem to match better against our new, neutral coloured walls. Anyone who has lived on campus can appreciate this! We even have permission to paint if we want! But, pictures ARE harder to hang without cinderblock lines to use as a guide. :) I ran out of milk in the middle of baking, and am not brave enough to ask a neighbor yet...I just don't think things work like that over here! Overall we are enjoying our new home.
I couldn't post about moving without a 'shout out' to the most awesome moving crew I have ever seen in my life! They were so efficient it made me want to move all over again. OK - that is a little over the top, but you get the picture. Thanks to all who helped...you saved us a lot of stress!
We have enjoyed our first overnight guests. Derrick and Naomi Clark made Memphis a stop on their road trip to Pensacola. Derrick and Jason went to Stillwater High and youth group together. I love it when we meet friends from our pre-each-other life. All those stories are more meaningful and it is neat to relive old memories and create shared ones.

4 comments:
Hi guys! Great to hear what you've been up to. Do you have a new email address Nicole? Francene :)
Hey guys! Can you email me your new address? Love you!
I am proud to be part of the moving crew. Erin and I have a picture just like the one of you and Jason in front of the Beale Street road block. Just so you know.
Rose and I sure miss you both... I hope our paths will cross again soon. Love you!
Post a Comment