Sunday, January 21, 2007

First post of the year

2007 is here...and the first month is more than half over. There isn't a way for me to blog all that has been going on since my last post. Perhaps I am at a loss for words. Mark this day!!! But life is good and here is a bullet point update of 2007 thus far:

- Jan 5th we celebrated our 5th anniversary. We enjoyed a night at Bonne Terre is Nesbit, Mississippi. Our room was charming, the food delightful. We really felt like we 'got away from it all' even though we were gone for less than 24 hours

- I began working part time...well sort of. Quite honestly I feel like I am on call 7 days a week. But I am hopeful that this transition will prove its purpose. January through June or July is an incredibly busy season for us. It is not possible for me to complete my work in just three office days. We have finally overcome all techinical difficulties and I am fully operational from the papa-san chair at 201 Cherry (not Poplar). (for the non-Memphian readers . . . 201 Poplar is Memphis city jail . . . you don't wanna end up there!)
- Our team completed a 4 day, intensive Interpersonal Relationship Workship with Dr. Dale Hawley from Wisconsin. It was timely, transformational, productive, tiring.
- We have committed with a fourth family. Corey and Emily Mullins have been meeting with us for about six months. We're really excited. I believe that God has been long preparing this team. We will have to post an updated team picture soon.
- Jason has started back at HUGSR. We think this is the official last semester of our time here. Just typing those words stirs a mix of emotions. Church Planting and Christian Ethics are topics of conversation in our home this semester. I'm joining in on Church Planting as I can.
- I've joined Jason in seeking Chiropractic care. We have a treatment plan . . . three times a week for a 90 day period. It is certainly an investment . . . but we have both already experienced noticeable relief. Man, we're sounding old! :) Chiropractic care, though, makes a lot of sense for maintaining overall health and wellness. We'd be glad to recommend a great chiropractor if you are interested.
- we are around many dealing with loss and heartache recently. Some of these we don't know directly . . . but it hurts when friends hurt . . . it is bittersweet when Kingdom workers are taken Home. But in a 'duh' moment, I am reminded that God is near . . . in joy or sorrow. I'll end by sharing this link (sorry can't do it as a link - so 'copy & paste). www.seekthefather.blogspot.com. Check it out . . . you will be encouraged!

4 comments:

NandL said...

Bump!
Thanks for the comment on our blog! It was the only one that actually made it into my inbox... Wonder what blogspot is playing at... Gotta get that checked out, if I ever remember when I have time!
Hope y'all are well!
Laura H...

Laurie said...

Happy belated anniversary!

I hope all continues to go well for you.

We have a few changes ahead of us over the next months! All "good stress" though.

Think of you often Nicole!

Take Care, Laurie Bouchard

NandL said...

Hey! What's up?...
Laura H...

Janelle & Maxx said...

Hey thanks for the comment on our blog! I'm glad you enjoy it. I love that you and Jason went to a chiropractor. I work for one and think it's amazing. That's awesome!!! Hope you have a beautiful week.

~ Janelle & Maxx