After much deliberation, I decided to bite the bullet and gifted my husband with registration in the Nashville Country Music Half Marathon. For those who know Jason, you can appreciate how delighted he will be to have me run the 1/2 marathon with him. This will be my 5th 1/2 marathon, but my first in 10 years. Essentially that means that the previous 4 half marathons don't really count! I don't think I have run a combined 52.4 miles (equivalent of 4 x 13.1 miles) in the past 10 years. I ran my best 1/2 in 1994, and my worst in 1996 after returning from a year in cold, frozen Canada (during which I did not work out!). So, here goes. If the truth be known, I am actually kind of excited and feeling up for the challenge. The hotel rooms are booked in Nashville, race registration is paid in full, its on the blog...so there is backing out now.
This is my last week as a full time employee at Carlson Wagonlit. In the New Year I will work part time, and work from home as needed. We have a tonne of things to look forward to in January, including our 5th Anniversary which will be spend at Bonne Terre B&B in Mississippi. We couldn't leave the South without a stay here - check it out at www.bonneterre.com
Speaking of the South, I just experienced BBQ at a new level. Meet 'Scooter' who, compliments of a generous client, delivered some good ole Memphis 'que straight to my office!
Happy New Year to y'all from us in Memphis.
3 comments:
Hi Nicole! I just wanted to say hello - seems like it has been a long time since we've seen you. Glad you have a blog that we can check in on you! Things are good and busy here. All the best with your plans ahead. Much love, Charla
Hi Nicole! Happy New year to you! And Belated Merry Christmas!
Hope all is well with you.
Love, Laurie Bouchard
Hi Nicole. It is Jamie(Klatt). Happy New Year to you from Nipawin.
Post a Comment