Greetings from Brisbane, Queensland. We are enjoying time with Nicole's family. We have been so blessed during my 7 + expatriate years to come home on an average of once a year. We're so thankful for these opportunities.
It has been good to see each member of my family. Saturday night we will celebrate my younger sister's engagement. Melissa and Vaughn Hughes will marry on Dec 28th this year. The engagement party will also be a good chance to catch up with other relatives and family friends.
Our last couple of days in Wollongong went smoothly. After our school visit, we visited with Dale Hartman. Monday evening we ate together as a team (we have fine culinary skills!) and then walked to the beach for a devotional. The lighthouse gave us some light and we enjoyed trying to sing over the roaring of the ocean. Wollongong is one beautiful place.
Our last full day in Wollongong was spent enjoying its beauty! We spent some time at Symbio Wildlife Park, did a little bushwalking, and drove the Great Ocean Road. In the evening we drove west to Campbelltown (Jason's old stomping grounds) and fellowshipped with our spiritual family there. We were able to share with them our plans and preparation process to this point. It was definitely an encouragement to Jason and I.
Wednesday morning we said Goodbye to Wollongong. As I walked down Crown Street that morning I smiled as I thought 'the next time I walk here I will be calling this place home.' I have no idea what the next 18 or some months will look like...but I find great comfort that God promises to take care of our every need.
More pictures coming once we land in Memphis.
1 comment:
The thought that we will be moving the next time we are in this area is a bit daunting, but exciting. I can't wait to see what the next year and a half will bring.
Peace to both of you.
Post a Comment