This morning we visited West Wollongong Primary school. This is a very small school of about 180 students. The administrative manager was so kind and gave us an informative tour. It was good for all of us to see a local school and be able to ask questions. Even though I went to school in Australia, I was schooled in Queensland, and I am sure we will discover differences between the systems. In fact, we already discovered one big difference. This is that non-Aussies must pay even for public schooling in the state of New South Wales (NSW), and it is quite a significant amount (about $4500 AUD per year). In fact it might even be possible to be educated in a private school for less money. Good to know!
We ventured into Sydney on Saturday. The weather was miserably cold and rainy. We still had a good time. I always love Sydney. It doesn't matter to me how many times I see the Opera House or the Harbour Bridge...I still love it. I love the cosmopolitan feel and the big-city-rush. But it sure is good to leave it behind, too. We visited the Rocks Markets which are set in an historical area of Sydney. That night, Binh Troung cooked us a wonderful Vietnamese meal and had invited about 6 friends over so we enjoyed fellowship with Aussies, Japanese, Filipinos and Chinese. The diversity here is just amazing.
We have enjoyed visiting with Christians and non-Christians. Yesterday we worshipped with 16 people in Windang (just south of Wollongong). The 16 includes children. I was encouraged greatly by their committment to God and to each other. I was especially encourage by our visit with several of the members at lunch and during the afternoon.

God is teaching us many things. We have found answers to many of our questions, but have also a whole new set of questions. I guess it is impossible to know everything.....I must pray for greater faith.
A highlight of our survey trip has been worshipping daily with our team. Singing and sharing and praying together. And of course, it is wonderful to finally be here in the Wollongong area and to experience for ourselves the sights and the people.
Here's a few pictures for you to enjoy.

2 comments:
Guys, it's so good to hear all about your trip and how God is blessing you. But I feel I must point out a "few" is 3... there are only 2 pictures for us to enjoy... so a "couple". (Unless you count the one above it.)
:) hehehe... Love you!
We miss you here in Canberra. It was a great time together in the Gong and we can't wait to process with you back in the states.
Post a Comment