Thursday, July 06, 2006

Survey Trip Preparations

As I blog, Shawn and Kendra are en-route to Sydney via Denver and San Francisco. Jon, Sara, Jack, Jason and I will follow in their footsteps three days from now. It is hard to believe the time has come for 'the survey trip'. I've always used these words kind of loosely until now. Now they're much more meaningful to me, and this time next week, 'survey trip' will probably mean more than I can begin to imagine!

We feel as ready as we can. We are excited to know that we will have the opportunity to gather so much information while we are in Wollongong. We will meet with a real estate agent and make school visits, make price comparisons and so on. We will spend time visiting with the Christians who are already living and ministering in this area. But most exciting to me is the chance to talk to local people and gain some insight into their impressions and thoughts on God...spirituality...theology...to learn about their struggles...their needs...their day to day lives...

When we wrap up our survey trip on 7/19, Jason and I will fly to Brisbane to spend some time with my family. There have been some changes since we were there in July last year - my two nieces have grown so much, my sister got engaged, friends have had babies... We're excited to get 'caught up'.

I'll spend the next few days checking things off my 'to-do' list. I've decided that 'ready' is relative, and 'ready' or not, Sunday is just around the corner. Thanks for your prayers. We can't wait to share Wollongong with you!

2 comments:

Daniel said...

You will be in our prayers. I pray for a very fruitful survey trip. I pray that you will follow God's lead and He will direct you where you will be most effective for Him. Keep us updated on what you are learning and how you are growing.

The Lj's said...

prayers as you all head to aussie land...may you have a wonderful journey.