
As the seasons change, I always want to change 'my favourite season'. In the Fall, as the leaves turn, and I see pumpkins for sale, I think 'Fall is my favourite season'. When it snows, Winter is number one. But then how can you beat those long Summer days? Without fail, though, Spring probably brings me the most delight! There is just nothing like the power of spring. The earth is waking from its winter slumber and God's power, majesty, and creativity are coming to life more and more each day.
My all time favourite 'Spring-Thing' is the Cherry Blossoms. In Japan, the blooming of the Sakura is a highly celebrated event. In the midst of the concrete jungle that is Tokyo, lie beautiful parks FULL of sakura trees. A spring tradition in Japan is to go 'hanami'...'flower viewing'. People come from all over, and will even camp out overnight in order to stake out the perfect place to spread out their tarp for the party the next day.
Fortunately, we can still enjoy the beauty of the sakura in Memphis. Cherry Rd, Memphis, TN is in full bloom right now. While we don't party beneath them - each Memphis Spring, we have taken a little time to wander over there and enjoy their beauty. Jason and I visited there this afternoon with our friend Rachel. Today was the first sunny day in a while so we went over there before Bible study tonight and took a few pictures. I'll post one of the two of us later if Rachel can email the ones she took. I ruined the one from our camera when I tried to enhance it. Opps.
Please enjoy my feeble attempts to capture an awesome part of God's creation. Hope you're feeling a spring in your step these days.
2 comments:
Cherry Road is indeed beautiful in the Spring. Sometimes it is so easy for me to overlook God's creation and its beauty. Or even dismiss it. Thanks for your reminder.
It's also neat to hear about your Japan experiences. I know that has a profound impact on you and I just love hearing about it.
Blessing dear brother and sister,
Shawn
Thank you for the reminder to take the time to stop and enjoy the beauty God has created.
Post a Comment