Thursday, March 09, 2006

Headed for Oklahoma

Tomorrow we will travel to Edmond, Oklahoma. This is a long awaited trip to meet with the Campbelltown, Australia team. 23 years ago, five families moved to Campbelltown, New South Wales to spread the Good News. We are really excited to meet with these families - I know we will learn a lot from their experiences and wisdom.

Of course, we all have to put in a days work before heading west...so we will be traveling until the early hours of the morning. And it will be a quick trip - we will head back this way on Monday.

We're also looking forward to this trip because we will spend some time with Doug and Cheryl Cox. I lived with them in 1995 during my year abroad in Manitoba, Canada. My relationship with them and Jenny and Brian is so dear to me. I am SO thankful that we could have these few years to be a little closer, geographically. We don't get to just 'drop in' on each other - but it is WAY more than I ever anticipated when we said goodbye to each other in December 1995. If I had of known how our lives would cross as they have...I could have saved a few tears! :-)

1 comment:

The Lj's said...

I hope you guys have a safe amd enjoyable trip. We miss you guys and are jealous of the Woods coming back and being near you guys! We love you!