Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Noah is ONE


In early March of 2009, we learned that we were expecting another child. What?! Wow!? So soon after having Ella. So soon after having arrived in Australia. I was overwhelmed. I was joyful. Afraid. But eventually and ultimately confident that God, the giver of this gift, would also help us cope.

We welcomed our Noah just before 1am on October, 27th. And "just like that" three became four. Ella, with her chubby baby cheeks, barely weaned and with only signs to communicate, became a big sister, and we now had something other than pink to hang on the line!





Now our boy is 1 year old! He amazes us day after day. He challenges and blesses us all in the same breath! He is cheeky through and through. Knows what he wants and makes sure he is heard. He plays hard and is learning to sleep hard. He is absolutely adored by his big sister and works so hard to keep up with her. He has gorgeous blue eyes, and a beautiful laugh. He is boy to his core, is FAST and curious.

It would be a lie to pretend that the past year has been without challenges. They have been present in many forms. But the blessings have also been abundant. Colic is a distant memory. Sleep issues are beginning to resolve, and he's even back on the growth chart. We have a new (albeit sometimes messy) 'normal'. But we have a lot of fun, laughs and memories.

I'm glad that God works outside of my "box". Surprised? For sure! Close in age, hands on and exhausting? Ummm, YES! But I can honestly say I wouldn't choose to have things any other way.





First birthdays are a sweet time. A time to remember the miracle of life. To recall the sweetness of the newborn days. To delight in milestones. To hope in the future. And a time to eat cake. Sure love our Noah Kai!

First birthday cake - a tiger. Much suited to the little guys personality :-)


Eating wrapping paper


Capturing one of the first laughs


Growing and happy about it


Strong from early days




A favourite toy




Hmmm...up to something?


Love my boy

4 comments:

Rachel said...

What a sweet boy. So glad this past year has been full of blessings for you. Children are truly a gift from the Lord.

Christine said...

You guys are awesome!! Love you!

Jason said...

Love that boy! and that mom!

Supernany RJ said...

Hello Jason, how are you?

I'm from Brazil and yesterday talked with Jamie Sweeney, who lives in Tulsa (EUA), but she is here now, about my last trip to Australia, she asked me when I'll move to Australia and where I'll live, because we loved it? She knows that I have three brothers and one sister who live there, thats why she asked me about it. We both were surprised because one of my brothers lives in Wollogong too, and he is a minister there. I was talking with my brother about it and he asked me to get your phone number or adress to contact you. He was surprised too and happy. It was my first time in Australia and I loved it very much. My husband and I want to move there one day, if we can. .
So, if you can, give me your number. My brother's number is: 61403377717 and his name is Taylor. If you call him say my name and he 'll know who you are.
Bye.