Today was Ella's first swimming lesson. Prior to signing her up, I was back and forth in my mind about the value in paying for a meager 30 minute class. Seemed kind of like too little bang for too big a buck. I learned today though, that there's a lot of wisdom in *just* a 30 minute toddler swim class. Time is relative, especially when you're walking around in waist deep water with a screaming toddler clawing you in an effort to reach dry ground. I felt like I got a LOT of bang for my buck. If nothing else, I possibly lost some hearing during those 30 minutes. Thanks to a water-safe Elmo doll who demonstarted "Humpty Dumpty's from the pool's edge, we did manage a break in the tears, a wee little giggle, AND a request for "more". Thank you, Elmo! Props to our sweet girl, though, as she's just days away from turning two and this was only her second time in the water. All things considered, I'll call it a success and predict she'll be loving it by the end of the term.
Ready to take on the pool (yes, we are still working on camera smiles) :)

Class begins


1 comment:
I'm sure this experience will help her when she takes lessons on her own as a preschooler. Carly hadn't really ever been in the water until we just "threw" her for lessons at age 3. She struggled a lot and ended up retaking that same class level. So maybe this experience will help Ella be ready for bigger things even though it's difficult now. Glad Elmo inspired some laughs and smiles. :)
Post a Comment