Friday, March 26, 2010

Noah Kai is 5 months old


. . . you know what that means? Time to have another baby. Do I have your attention yet? Good. But I am JUST KIDDING. Soooo kidding! Promise. Noah is simply five months old today. And like all good modern mums, I wanted to record Noah at five months in his baby book (aka "the blog"). Please tell me I'm not the only mamma that has a virtual baby book?



Noah is doing great. He eats well, sleeps well and plays hard. He is an extremely vocal baby. Lots of squeals and long coo-ing stories. The biggest developmental milestone is getting up on all fours, rocking and then face planting. Since Ella didn't crawl until she was 9 months and one week old, (thank you blog archives for this trivia), its a little shocking for me to see Noah so keen and able on all fours. Of course it could be some time before he officially crawls, but still . . . wow! He's probably decided its in his best interest to become mobile asap and keep up with his big sister.







While very content and happy during the day, Noah tends to get a little angry each night when we put him to bed. I'm not sure what that's all about and have tried a number of different tactics to avoid the scream show. Rocking, singing, more nursing don't seem to have an effect on him. It seems to be his way of "winding down" (though its more like winding up than down). I guess as he grows we'll just help him channel that fire and will he has in a good direction.

He is sleeping through the night bar the past couple of nights. Noah has been waking anywhere between 2am and 4am. The strange thing is he's happy when he wakes. Not mad. Not hungry. He just starts talking and laughing away. Is he really mine??? He usually rolls on to his back so I go flip him back on to his belly and he will put himself back to sleep.

I'm so thankful to God for a healthy and happy boy. I am absolutely loving being being mum to this little guy.

Noah being loved on by his big sister




And for your viewing pleasure . . . (won't work through facebook - you'll have to visit our website - see link on profile page)
">

4 comments:

Laurie said...

You sure have some CUTE kiddos!! :) :)

Brenda Curtis said...

What a doll! I love the video -- most precious sounds on earth. :)

Anonymous said...

Noah is such a cute and content little guy. Love the videos!

Amarpreet said...

Thanks for sharing those lovely photographs. I specially like the video of cute Noah. He is so sweet. Give Noah a big cuddle from me.