

Well, it really happened. July 28th came and went and now I am the mama of a one year old girl who continues to grow right before our very eyes. Perhaps its like this with your child's every birthday, but the first birthday seems especially monumental. Twelve short months ago, a tiny girl of just 6 pounds, 4 ounces and 19 inches was laid in our arms and "just like that" we were parents. Completely dependant. Absolutely adorable. A treasure. She stole our hearts.
Our treasure she still is. Adorable . . . even more so! And she takes more of my heart with each giggle, smile, cuddle and kiss. But she's just a little more independant than she was a year ago. She is developing in leaps and bounds every single day and I love it.
A perfect year? Of course not. Tears? A few. Highs and lows? Definitely. Exasperation and sleep deprivation. Umm . . . yeah! But, deep, deep joy that I never knew existed? DAILY! In the past year, I've loved and laughed in ways I didn't know I was capable of. Thank you, God.
Ella Rhys: you've turned our lives upside down just like everyone said you would. And we're so glad. Happy first birthday!
The birthday in pictures . . .
Beginning the birthday with a number "1" pancake. Ella was just glad that it wasn't oatmeal.

Cards

Presents! It took some coaxing. No . . . not for eating . . .





Loving on her new baby doll from her Aunts in Brisbane


First time parents didn't let her eat the sugary cake. Ella's sugar free, berry cupcake. She never knew any different. (at least thats the story we're sticking with!)


Afternoon Birthday Tea

First Birthday Whale cake (for a Whaley girl who can imitate a whale sound)

So thankful to God for a happy, healthy baby girl



3 comments:
She is such a sweet girl. Happy Birthday, Miss Ella.
And I think you're right, Nicole. The first birthday is pretty monumental. It's quite the journey to get there.
You know I was just thinking that I sure wish we were neighbors again. It would be so good to see you and talk with you on a regular basis than just through our blogs. But alas, I think we're both where God wants us right now. It sure would be nice though. Maybe we can move into the same old folks home in the future! Tealridge here we come, baby!
What a beautiful little girl! I love seeing all the pictures and keeping up with you all. The birthday cake is really cute, too. Blessings to all your family! We miss you!
She really is gorgeous, Nicole! You can tell that she really is loved!
Michelle xx
Post a Comment