Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Thanks Dr Seeker . . . and few other pics



Today I had my post partum check up. It was actually supposed to be LAST week but I forgot. During my pregnancy I once turned up two days early for an appointment. This time I was two days late for it. Thankfully I realized before getting ready, packing up the baby and leaving the house.

I was reminded while visiting with our doctor today how God answered our prayers. We moved to Austin at 30 weeks into the pregnancy and we both definitely had anxieties about finding a doctor we could feel comfortable with. It is hard for me to express what a blessing Dr. Seeker was to us. You all know the story of us wanting to use a birthing center, desiring natural childbirth, dealing with placenta previa, having it resolve, developing cholestesis at 36 weeks, only to end up having to deal with my greatest fear afterall . . . a c-section. We could not have asked for a more skilled, kind hearted, compassionate doctor. I truly believe that Ella and I were in the best hands. I am so thankful for the care I received from Dr. Seeker. I sure wish there would be a way for him to deliver any future baby Whaleys.




And here's a few pics of our most precious baby Ella . . .



Check out my cheeks:


Waiting on Momma's Doctor:

4 comments:

Campbell Family said...

Nicole -- you look fabulous! I know everyone has been oohing and aahing over little Ella (and she is certainly cute, no doubt about it), but you look great yourself. Motherhood definitely suits you!

NandL said...

It is really freaking me out all the similarities I see between Ella and Jessica... Maybe it is just me. I generally look for similarites more than most people, I think.... I ALWAYS end up finding some, at least, usually many. :D
Congratulations on finding such a great doctor on such short notice! I KNOW how hard that can be. I had to switch at 36.5 weeks. Long story...
Laura H...

Zoomi said...

I want to touch her cute cheeks... You all look great!

The Lj's said...

i am so glad you had a fabulous doctor... God sure does bless us in every situation!