Many of you have received our Christmas letter. My mailouts are not complete. If you would like to receive one, and have not, leave me a message. I believe we ended our letter with something like '2008 promises to be an exciting year . . . ' What I did NOT know when writing this letter, (or when running that half marathon!) was that I was PREGNANT! Jason and I are thrilled to let the blog world know that our first child is on the way!!!!
We could not be happier! Our little one should arrive around August 10th. A friend advised me that if early, our baby's birth date could be 8/8/8. We'll do our best!
I don't know how many pregnancy tales I will feel compelled to share . . . but below is a picture of Jason shortly after he found out that we were expecting. I had found out in the morning when he was still at work. I did not want to tell him over the phone, so I waited all day and avoided his calls that came in throughout the day for fear I would spill the beans. (I wanted to tell him face to face). It took me two home tests, and one at the doctors office for me to really believe that I was indeed pregnant! In fact, after taking the first test, I took a picture of the result window, took the picture to work and asked my co-worker if she thought it was positive. She looked at me and said 'um...yeah!!!!!'
After work, I went and purchased a newborn onesie and a card. Jason was taking a shower, so I set on the table the onesie, the two hpts (I know...kind of gross...but apparantley this is what happens!) and a card that said on the front 'for the Dad to be'. Jason came into the living room and completely missed the display. I asked him to put dinner on the table. He did and it was then that he noticed these foreign items. He looked at them for a bit and later told me that he was thinking (panicking!) 'OK...someone has had a baby, and I am supposed to know who. She will be mad if I ask her 'who?'...so I will just think who it could be'. Then he said he thought 'that's strange...she did a card for this Dad'. I think it was the home pregnancy tests that finally tipped him off. Although he did still ask 'who's having a baby?' I don't remember but he says I responded, 'Who do you think????'
And then the joy was finally mutual! It was a good moment! I don't think I will ever forget it. We also won't forget hearing our baby's strong, fast heartbeat for the first time.
Many like to tell us how our lives are going to change. I should think so! We feel as 'ready' as first time parents-to-be could feel for such a life change. Truth be known, we know little to nothing. But we already love this little life that God has blessed us with. What a joy to pray for it and thank God for answering our prayers!
10 comments:
I think you guys will be great parents. I will tell you what I told Jason. "I am glad the human race is being furthered by Whaley genes." See you guys Sunday night.
I have tears in my eyes after reading this. We have said it before, but it bears repeating that we are so, so happy for you guys! And so excited that we get to share in your journey to parenthood. Love, Laura
What a fun story to tell the grandkids some day! Your baby will be very lucky to have the two of you for parents.
We had such a good time having the two of you here. I know you're "lovingly" pulled in a million different directions, but all the same, you're always welcome back.
Yay!! Jason looks thrilled in that picture! I'm so happy for you guys!
Congratulations!!!
I was out for High Tea today with a few girls who included Crystal and Lorraine. They were chatting about your exciting news!!!!! So happy for you!!!!!
I am so happy for you. You guys will be the best parents! Yeah!!!!
Jamie
That's not 'a little news' that's HUGE news!!! Congratulations!!!!! I am so excited for you guys!
Need any tips, just let me know... ;)
And by the way, #2 is due in July! :D
Laura H...
YEAH! I am so excited for you both! I will be praying for a safe and healthy pregnancy.
Congratulations!!!
Ah~, you two will be wonderful parents!! I will be praying for the safe arival of your baby!! Omedetou!!!!!
Congratulations! August 10 is a good date - my birthday. =)
Sharon and I will be having our second child on or before Feb 26th - a girl, Molly Joyce. (Our first is a boy, Tyler. He's now 3 1/2.)
Hope everything goes great for you!
-Brian Westmoreland.
Post a Comment