Friday, December 07, 2007

Memphis St Jude Half Marathon

We ran the Memphis St Jude Half Marathon last Saturday, December 1st. Thankfully the weather was kind to us. It was chilly to start off, but perfect runnning weather by about mile three.
I ran my slowest ever half marathon. But given my lack of preparation :( ...it was expected. I ran in honor of Sullivan Faarar who is a sweet little boy fighting leukemia. Sully is receiving care at St. Jude's along with so many other precious children. We pray for his full recovery.
I'll share this one picture that was taken while we ran. This is on Beale Street...maybe mile two or three. I look happy!

The other picture I received was taken at mile 11 or 12. I look like I am about to fall over! At that point, many people were gathered on the side lines encouraging the runners. They yelled 'You're almost there! You're looking great!' I thought that was probably a lie. Now I know! I was NOT looking great!

1 comment:

The Lj's said...

you look awesome! Congrats!