Monday, August 06, 2007

Chicago

I don't know where July went. August came very quickly and the first week of this month has been kind of crazy. It began with a trip to Chicago. Initially I had declined the offer to attend the National Carlson convention. I agreed to work Friday with a few of the other girls while most of the office attended. And then our family vacation to Gatlinburg was scheduled to begin on Saturday. After these plans had been made, Barbara came to my desk one day and said, 'you need to go to Chicago'. I was a little puzzled but am not one to turn down a trip of any kind. Fast forward though to Wednesday night before the trip and I am at work until 6:30pm on a Wednesday night, frantically trying to wrap things up and wondering why on earth I had agreed to such a quick trip. I even told Jason that I was considering writing Barbara a check for the cost of my plane ticket and not going to Chicago. I thought better of it though and made the trip.

It turns out that the reason I 'needed' to attend the convention was that I was honored as Carlson's 2007 Top Achiever. Needless to say I was completely surprised...and almost had a heart attack on stage. I am not kidding...I thought 'great this is going to be really embarrassing....people are thinking I barely look 18....and I am going to have a heart attack right here on the stage!' But I didn't...it was a fun trip...and there probably won't be too many cool Carlson stories to share in the next 10 months or so.

This job has been a huge blessing in many ways...I've shared some of those thoughts before. I work with GREAT people...and I have some great clients. That pretty much makes my part of the job easy.

11 comments:

Carisse said...

Congratulations, Nicole! that is wonderful -- and to think, you almost didn't go! When you write about your work, it is clear how much you care about your clients. I'm not surprised that your company recognizes the difference that makes in your work.

Tammy said...

Congratulations on your award - what an honour!

Unknown said...

Yay, Nicole!! That's great and well deserved. Love you!

Kendra said...

Congrats Nic!! as we all know, YOU ROCK!!! Way to go!!

Anonymous said...

Awww thats awesome honey!!!!!!!!! You deserve it! Love you xo

Love Angela :)

Campbell Family said...

That is awesome!!! Congratulations, you over-achiever, you! What a great way to end your time with them.

Drew Custer said...

Congrats Nicole! You do deserve it! And thank you for all the help you have offered in connecting us with Park Avenue. We appreciate you so much and hope to see you all in Memphis sometime very soon.
Jamie

Anonymous said...

Cool award Nicole! Congrats! :)

My question is, weren't you hot in that jean jacket??

Jason said...

Actually - no I was not hot. It was FREEZING cold thanks to the a/c. In fact - it is freezing cold everywhere I am in the summer...except our apartment! So that jacket or a cardigan is standard attire for me in the summer.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Nicole!!

Anonymous said...

How cool is that? Congratulations!