Wednesday, November 08, 2006

What's New?

A month ago we were headed for tropical paradise. Memphis, is far from 'tropical' in November...but nonetheless beautiful. I never get tired of fall...I am always awed by the brilliant colours. I will miss the warm summer days, warm evening walks and relaxing & reading on the Harding swing on campus. But what a way to herald the winter!


In other news, we are just weeks away from Jason being through with his degree requirements. He plans to take a couple more classes in the Spring of 07, just for good measure! (we'll be hanging out in Memphis waiting on graduation until May anyway). I have just 5 more Saturdays to work...yes, I am counting. I have loved my work schedule, but I will also enjoy the new era of being off on Saturdays. We're also babysitting this cute little boy. Joshua is almost 11 months old. We love taking care of him...is he not the cutest kid around? (and smart, too! He's already discussing Theological Hermeneutics with Jason on Wednesdays while I'm at work!)


Jason is gearing up for the Memphis St Jude Half Marathon on December 2nd. I'm up for the 5km this year. It's a little discouraging to think back on my highschool days when 1/2 marathons were 'easy', and now running a 5k is big deal. Not to be discouraged though, I just want to get to the point where I can run a good 5k without it being a big deal. It helps to have a gym on campus now that the cooler weather is here.

We'll head to Texas in 2 weeks for Thanksgiving. I scored big on days off over TG which will make for a comfortable road trip. We're looking forward to it!

No comments: