Friday, August 11, 2006

Campus life



Grad school students in the off-season! Way to go guys!

Seriously though, it was sweeter than ever before to get back from Australia and catch up with our campus community. Living on campus has been such a wonderful blessing. I already feel nostalgic as I look back on the last three and a half years we have spent here. And I already feel deep emotions when I think of the day we will have to say goodbye to our neighbours and friends, professors and mentors and close this chapter of our life. Its one of those things you think will 'never happen' (at least I think)...

Just like I thought the day for highschool or college graduation would never come, or the wedding day, or the day for leaving Australia, Canada or Japan, I have often thought of our time in Memphis as 'without end'. Yet here I am, able to count on just two hands the number of months we have left here! Have we really been here this long???

So...before I cry all over the ibook...heres to a good, full, rich, sweet 10 months or so in the HOOD!

2 comments:

Justin P. Lewis said...

We have only been in the HOOD for around 8 months and I feel a great feeling of community. The community overshadows our tiny apartment and weird colored walls. I think we are going to remember our neighbors for along time. I will hate to see you Aussie's leave. OK Jason I know you aren't offically an Aussie, but close enough.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »